Génération de Clés SSH
The SFTP protocol allows file sharing through a secured encrypted network protocol called SSH, using keys to authenticate users instead of passwords. More precisely, it works with the two following elements:
SSH, qui remplace l’utilisation de mot de passe par un jeu de clé composé de deux éléments :
Private key : A file containing a very long string of characters. It must never be shared, and always remain on the same device. This key is used to verify your identity through the network.
Public key: Also a file containing a string of characters. It is paired with the private key. This key must be shared with us, and will be used to verify that you are the owner of the matching private key. You can share it by email safely.
It is necessary to generate the keys on the same machine that will use them to connect to our SFTP.
Run the downloaded program puttygen.exe
Depending on your version, check that the “RSA” button, or “SSH-2 (RSA)” is ON, and that “Number of bits in a generated key” is equal to 2048. Then, click on “Generate”.
4. Do not fill either the “Key passphrase” or the “Confirm passphrase” fields.
5. Save both the public and private keys by clicking on “Save public key” and “Save private key”. Choose a folder in which you would like to keep them. These keys
must be kept for the duration of the server’s use. We recommend you give both files explicit names, without any space or accentuated character, such as:
“sftp_tinyclues_public_key.pub” and “sftp_tinyclues_private_key.ppk”.
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ : the private key is used to authenticate yourself. Do not share it, with Tinyclues or with anyone else.
Send us the public key file by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can create your access.
Before you can log in, we need to add your public key to our server. This step can take a few hours. Once completed, we will get back to you with all the connection details.
Some company networks have firewall rules blocking connection attempts to unknown machines.
In order to access our SFTP from your network, it is mandatory that the following IP not be blocked:184.108.40.206
Please verify with your IT services that this IP is whitelisted on your network
1. Go to FileZilla > Edit > Settings
2. Select SFTP in the left-hand menu
3. Click on « Add key file… » and choose the private key file and click on Open.
5. Once you have selected the key it should appear on the list. Click OK.
6. From the main menu, go to File > Site Manager.
7. Click on New Site. You can name the site (= the SFTP) Tinyclues_sftp, for example, to easily recognize it.
8. Configure the « General » tab with the following information:
Protocole: SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol
Log-on Type: Interactive
User: Your username (that we will send you)
Password: Do not fill this in (the field should be grayed out)
9. Next, click on Connect
10. During your first connection attempt, FileZilla will ask you to confirm that you recognize the host key. Check "Always trust this host, add this key to the cache" to
avoid seeing this error again and click OK.
The contents of the sftp should appear in the bottom right box of the interface. You will find two sub-folders in the data folder:
to_tc : Transfer all the files you want to send us here
from_tc : In the event that this sftp will be used to retrieve the extracts generated by the platform - you will find your files here.
For any questions, please contact the team at email@example.com.